Monday, July 15, 2013

Make Something Monday - Fishing for Compliments

For Father's Day, I made gifts for both  dad and for Deputy D's father.  For my dad, I made a tray to sit on his dresser because he always need a place to keep track of loose items.  For Deputy D's dad, I made a hinged box.  Both items were created in a fishing theme and used Mod Podge and scrapbook paper.  I have made more trips to Hobby Lobby and Michael's over the past few weeks than I have made in my entire life, trying to catch the paper and other items I needed or sale, or looking to use  my mobile coupons.  I really hope they both liked the homemade gifts.  I am never sure how people will react to them.

I have found that I prefer using Mod Podge Matte, and applying with a sponge.  It leaves less brush strokes, and this formula seems to be less sticky than some of the others.  Also, now I am using a thinner coat of Mod Podge than I was using at first, and this seems to be working out much better (less wrinkles and bubbles).  I can't wait to post more projects soon!












No comments:

Post a Comment