Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's the First Day of the Rest of My Life

Well, here goes.  First blog post with my "new" outlook on life.  Little Man is gone to his dad's this weekend and Deputy D is sleeping because he worked last night and rolled in early this morning while most normal people are still sound asleep.  The old Emo Marie would have sat around being depressed about being alone and missing her guys.  I am trying to be productive.  The "new" Emo Marie?  Well, I have already cleaned the kitchen, organized some of the groceries from our shopping trip yesterday and am working on my cooking projects for the day.

First up... Brunch for when Deputy D wakes up.  A breakfast ring I found at Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo.  However, I am subbing sausage for the bacon because Deputy D  has expressed that he would like to see sausage on the table every once in a while instead of the bacon that I prefer.  It turned out really yummy.  We both liked it, but next time I will play around with the sausage/egg/cheese ratio a little more.



Next up, I am trying AGAIN to make cinnamon raisin bread.  I have made several recipes in a bread machine that are ok, but I am looking for AWESOME since Little Man loves it so much. I am trying Martha Stewart's recipe again, but I am seriously tweaked it this time.  I may throw in the towel and admit defeat on the whole bread-making kick I am on.  Everything was going good until I went to put the loaf in the oven, and it fell.

It's short, it's flat, and deformed.  Another epic fail.  Good thing Little Man doesn't mind how things look so long as they taste good.  If anyone knows how to work with yeast and get bread to rise, I could really use some advice!!

For dessert tonight, I am making Oreo Poke Cake.  Of course, for those of you that know me, I have to put my own spin on almost everything.  So I added a layer of cool whip on top of the pudding and then put the crushed oreo cookies on top of that.  No pictures because I honestly could not wait to dig in and taste it.  It was SO GOOD!!  For dinner, enchiladas with homemade tortillas and cilantro lime rice.  After Deputy D gets up and we eat, I am going in search of a tortilla press.  Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment