Sunday, May 6, 2012

NASCAR and Pepperoni Pizza Rolls

I am sitting here with Deputy D while he is watching NASCAR, and trying to decide what to blog about.  I was going through my food pictures and found the ones I took of the crescent pepperoni pizza rolls I made last weekend.  I really thought I had posted this one already, but I looked through all my posts and could not find it, so here goes!

I found a picture on Pinterest of really yummy looking pizza rolls made from crescent rolls.  However, it was not linked to a recipe, so I decided to just make one up.  After all, it could not be that difficult!

I rolled out the crescent rolls, and spread some sauce on them.  I used a mushroom Prego sauce that I had leftover from dinner the night before.


I added some pepperoni and shredded mozzarella cheese.


I rolled them up, and then brushed with melted butter and sprinkled on some Italian seasoning and garlic salt.  I then just baked per the directions on the crescent roll can.


Next time, I will use the smaller pepperoni and mozzarella cheese squares.  I think I will be able to roll them up better that way.  Also, I will be sure to spray the foil or pan with non-stick spray.  I was able to get them off ok, but they did stick a little.  But they tasted good and I think both Little Man and Deputy D enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment