Monday, May 7, 2012

Make Something Monday - DIY Glitter Keys

Trying to decide what to make for Make Something Monday, I came across a DIY tutorial on Pinterest for making glittery keys.  One of them used Elmer's glue and glitter and sealed with clear nail polish, but I figured why not just use glitter nail polish if that's what I had on hand.  My instinct proved correct when the next post I found said that she used nail polish because that's what she had on hand.

This was a very timely discovery because I am always mixing up my house key with it's twin on my key ring.  And Deputy D has many, many keys that look alike,and I never find the house key until the fourth or fifth try when I use his.  I could go buy key covers, but why not try this solution that costs no money and I can customize to meet my bling standards?

I put two coats of polish on and let dry 30 minutes between coats.  I sealed with a clear topcoat.  We will see how long it lasts.  But even if it rubs off, it was free and didn't take much time out of my day.  And it gave me a topic to blog about today!





No comments:

Post a Comment