Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Truthful Tuesday - My Magical Secret Weapon

I pondered on Facebook a while back that high heels have magical powers.  And I really think they do.  I first realized it right after Little Man was born and I was struggling with being separated and a new mom at the same time.  I had found these beautiful gold-colored pumps with black lace and velvet bows.  I wore them to work one day, and I strutted around the office feeling pretty great about myself.


One of my co-workers commented in the break-room at lunchtime that there was something different about me that day, but that she could not put her finger on it.  I was puzzled, as I was not wearing a new outfit and I did not have a different haircut.  A wizened, older gentleman sitting at the table next to our smiled sagely and  nodded his head towards the floor where I was sitting.  "It's the shoes," he said.

I didn't think much about it at the time, but over the years I have noticed that whenever I put on a pair of high heels, my self-confidence sky rockets.  I feel pretty and sexy and strong.  I can't explain it, I just know that's how it is.

I have always loved shoes, but my obsession with high heels is a more recent one.  The heels keep getting taller and taller.  And yes, the taller they get, the more uncomfortable they become but I honestly don't care because I feel so good about myself.


Who knew that a shoe has the power to make a woman feel like she can conquer the world?  Ridiculous, you say?  Maybe.  But I am telling you that it is true.

Perhaps it is that the shoes make me feel ultra-feminine.  Perhaps it is because they make me taller.  All I know is that on days when I am facing a tough meeting or situation, I come armed with my tallest, most sparkly pair of shoes.  And I feel like nothing can bring me down.

Moral of the story?  Feeling down about yourself?  Have a meeting or presentation coming up that you are nervous about?  Just need a little pick-me-up?  Take my advice and go out and splurge on a gorgeous, sparkly pair of high heels.  It will make all the difference in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment