Thursday, January 10, 2013

Tasty Thursday - Yummy Snowball Cookies

A.K.A. Southern Pecan Butterballs or Mexican Wedding Cookies or Russian Tea Cookies or Emo Marie's Nemesis...

Last Christmas, I tried and failed miserably to make a yummy batch of snowball cookies after sampling some at a holiday party.  I scoured the web and tried several different recipes, but never found one that worked out for me.  Most of them turned into a crumbly mess.

I decided to try again this year because I really do love the cookies, and I found this recipe on the Facebook page of a blogger that I follow.  It worked out beautifully, and the cookies were really yummy.  I think the secret is that it uses butter-flavored shortening and powdered sugar rather than the more traditional-type recipes I had previously tried.

The recipe is really simple, just mix all the ingredients together and then form into balls.  I used a cookie scoop to measure the dough and then shaped it into balls.  Bake and then roll into powdered sugar while warm.  Once they cool, roll in powdered sugar a second time for a more complete coating.





No comments:

Post a Comment